Articulated College Credit
ARTICULATED COLLEGE CREDIT
What it means to you
WHY EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH ARTICULATED COLLEGE CREDIT (ACC)?
1. Earn Technical or Community College credits (Articulated College Credit) in grades 10, 11, 12
2. Stay in your own high school with your friends and the teachers you already know
3. Explore career opportunities through high school courses
4. Complete your college program sooner, save time and money
5. Choose a specific Technical or Community College career program or a major that may lead to transfer options to a university
HOW DO I GET ARTICULATED COLLEGE CREDIT (ACC)?
1. The following courses are articulated at PHS:
College Digital Photography
Intro to Business
Intro to Computers Online
Small Gas Engines
Web Page Design
2. If these classes fit your intersts and career goals, or if you want to explore the career field, choose one of these classes.
3. Then, ask your teacher how you can get Articulated College Credit.
WHAT DO I DO WITH ARTICULATED COLLEGE CREDIT?
1. Download your ACC record at any time after you have completed your high school ACC course.
2. Bring the ACC record to one of the colleges listed and enroll in a career program or major.
3. Check with the college records office as they may have a procedure to follow.
WHERE CAN I USE THE CREDIT?
1. Bring your printed ACC record when registering at a college listed on your certificate to receive the credit(s) earned. Other colleges MAY honor the credits.
2. You must always check with the college or university of your choice for specific criteria in a program or major, not all credits will move into all programs or majors.
WHO IS PART OF CTECreditMN?
There are many Career and Technical Consortia across MN. A consortium is a group of high schools and colleges who work together to provide students a link from high school to college.
*All information taken directly from Minnesota Community and Technical College Credit Program 2015.