• Select a School
  • Language

AA Degree at PHS

Pillager high School (PHS) has partnered with Central Lakes College (CLC) to offer online college level coursework to students who wish to earn college credit without leaving the traditional high school setting. The first two years of most 4-year college degrees require the completeion of "general education" credits.

College credits earned at PHS can be applied toward the following options:
  • Associate in Arts (AA) degree- 60 college credits
  • MN Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)-40 college credit

Which should you choose?  It really depends on your goals and the number of credits you can complete in high school.  They are both great options!  The AA degree will allow you to transfer with your first two years completed, while the MnTC option allows you to meet general education requirements but still gives you the option of completing electives at your college of choice.

*Note:  CLC requires that 15 of the 60 credits required for an AA degree must be taught by CLC faculty.  Online courses offered through CLC will meet that requirement.  

Where can these degree options transfer?
Each option is designed to easily transfer to MnSCU institutions.  For a complete list of MnSCU colleges go to http://minnstate.edu/ and click on "Colleges and Universities."

Many colleges and universities in MN do accept the AA degree as well.  Be sure to check with the admissions office of the college of your choice!

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.